When I was growing up, every Valentine's Day my wonderful mother would make giant sugar cookies. We were each given our own giant sugar cookie with our name on it. Most of the children would eat their cookie within one day. Hayley's cookie usually lasted a week, unless one of us other kids got to it before she could finish it. Anyway, I always loved this tradition. For the past few years, I have carried on this tradition with my family. I usually make one for Trevor and whoever else is hanging around. I have included a picture of one of the cookies I made today. It wasn't one of the best ones, but Trevor ate part of his before I could take a picture. I decided to include myself in the picture because I never put pictures of myself on here. I am always too busy taking pictures of Jason.
I decided to add a couple more pictures to this post. I will explain the picture below. Jason has recently learned the word "stuck." The other day, I was doing the dishes and I heard him say, "stuh!" Stuh means stuck. I turned around and I saw him wedged underneath his toy car. He likes to get in the car by going underneath it and climbing up. Obviously, it didn't work this time.
This next picture is of Jason reading. Jason loves books. He used to have a picture book that had a lot of pictures of various animals, children, and household items. He read it so much that it was falling apart. I got him a similar book the other day and he loves it.
9 comments:
You are such a good mother/wife. I think you should clarify in the post that it was the 'toy' car he was getting in, because I was concerned. Plus, super awesome t-shirt!
You look gorgeous! I love that tradition.
I agree you look gorgeous!!! Such a cute little tradition. Hope things are going well for you all. Love and miss you.
Great photos! Thanks for the update! Jason is such a cutie... and that cookie looks delicious!!
Next year I'll make sure I'm hanging around when it is giant sugar cookie making time.
I'm so glad you are carrying on with the giant sugar cookie tradition. I made one for Dale, but I think he got tired of it before it was gone. Thanks for posting the pictures. Jason is a cutie. I hope he got a cookie too.
I would never get tired of a giant sugar cookie!
From Grandma Mower
You haven't posted for a while and I love to look at the pictures and know that all is well. So Please put something down and send it on.
Love
Grandma
I agree with Grandma Mower!
...and the sugar cookies are awesome. I want to try to make a giant one sometime.
Post a Comment